We are changing the layout of the dispensary in the practice. The work will take up to two weeks to complete. There may be some disruption during this time to the ordering service. Please allow plenty of time for your medication to be issued. The work will commence on the 15th March.
We'd also like to apologise as there may also be some disruptive noise during this time.
Foyers Medical Centre
Ionad Meidigeach Fhoithir
The Doctors and staff are proud to offer the highest standard of patient centred health care. We run clinics for the management of chronic diseases such as diabetes and offer a wide variety of other medical services including antenatal and postnatal care, minor surgery, childhood vaccinations and well-person check-ups.
In addition to everything you need to know about the practice you will also find a wealth of health-related information in the menu on the right hand side. Please have a look around and do send us some feedback if you like.
Why does the receptionist need to ask why I need an appointment
It is not a case of the receptionists being nosey!
The reception staff are members of the practice team and it has been agreed they should ask patients “why they need to be seen”. Reception staff are trained to ask certain questions in order to ensure that you receive:
- · The most appropriate medical care,
- · from the most appropriate health professional,
- · at the most appropriate time
Receptionists are asked to collect brief information from patients:
- 1. To help doctors prioritise house visits and phone calls
- 2. To ensure that all patients receive the appropriate level of care
To direct patients to see the nurse or other health professional
rather than a doctor where appropriate
Reception staff, like all members of the team, are bound by confidentiality rules.
- · Any information given by you is treated strictly confidential
- · The Practice would take any breach of confidentiality very seriously and deal with it accordingly.
- · You can ask to speak to a receptionist in private, away from reception
- · However if you feel an issue is very private and do not wish to say what this is then this will be respected
Thank you for your support
Loch Ness & Strathnairn Medical Practice is proud to be and accredited teaching Practice
We are delighted to have Medical students, Junior Doctors, and Registrars, working alongside the GP’s in the Practice.
If you do not wish to be seen by a trainee or have one present during a consultation, please inform the Reception staff. Many thanks
(Site updated 08/03/2019)