We are currently recruiting
Part time Dispenser - Two full days. Hours will be 8 until 6 with 1 hour lunch break between 1 and 2pm.
The days are to be confirmed, but will remain fixed once agreed with the exception of absence cover such as holiday/sickness when the dispenser may be required to work 3 or 4 days during the week.
The position is currently a job share affording four full days cover to the dispensary.
Rate of Pay - TBC.
Experience is desirable, however training will be provided.
Please apply by email to the practice manager. Jenny.Garris1@nhs.net
or by post to
The medical Centre
Please supply a cover letter and CV.
Closing date for Applicants 22nd August 2019.
If you wish to visit the practice prior to your application, please contact the surgery to arrange this. Tel 01456 486 224 and ask from Andrew Thomas or Jenny Garris.
Although this list is extensive, it is not exhaustive, other task may be required to ensure the smooth running of the Practice.
- Receiving prescription requests
- Assembly, labelling and packaging of medication
- Advice on appropriate use of medication, interactions and side effects
- Ensuring appropriate completion of prescription exemption, where applicable by patients
- Collection and recording of prescription charges paid
- Ordering of medication and stock control of medicines within dispensary
- Sourcing and ordering of special products as required.
- Receiving orders from wholesalers, ensuring stock is in good condition and has adequate shelf life.
- Regular checks of stock in dispensary to ensure adequate shelf life
- Safe disposal of out of date stock, including controlled drugs
- Safe disposal of returned medicines from patients
- Assembly, recording and safe custody of controlled drugs prior to dispensing to patient
- Ordering, receiving from wholesalers, recording and safe custody of controlled drugs within the premises
- Ordering and stock control of dressings and treatment room consumables (e;g bandages, dressings, swabs, cleansing liquids, sutures, gloves)
- Endorsing, completion and sorting of daily Prescription to individual GP
- Completion, sorting and checking of prescription at end of month
- Completion of paperwork for prescriptions and Pre-Payment certificates to send to PPD at end of each month.
- Packing safely, weighing and posting of medication to patients.
- Keeping records of medications posted and costs incurred
- Secure packaging and postage of end of month prescriptions and forms to PPD.
- Monitoring and recording of fridge temperatures to ensure appropriate storage of medication and vaccines.
- Monitoring of temperature in dispensary to ensure correct storage of drugs, adhering to manufacturers storage instructions.
- Ordering, pricing, cash handling and recording of cash; involved in provision of private prescription items for patients.
- Ordering, sale and completion of Pre Payment Certificates. Handling of cash and cash book completion related to sale of certificates.
- Stock control of other items used within dispensary, e;g labels, bags, bottles, spoons etc
- Effective and active communication with job share to ensure smooth running of the dispensary.
Use and working knowledge of computers, printers, telephone system, photocopier and fax machine.
General office duties as required to cover sickness/ holiday or busy periods. This may include, telephone duties, filing, scanning etc. Cover on reception when required.
Face to face, telephone and electronic dealings with other agencies as required. E;G District nurses, Hospital staff, Nursing home/respite care staff; Wholesalers, sales reps.etc.